WHY DO PEOPLE HATE HER.
because she transformed from an innocent child star into a normal adult and people can’t handle it
K she won me.
- Redface costume
- Repeated appropriation of bindis
- She named one of her concert tours the “G*psy Heart Tour” even though that’s an ethnic slur and extremely offensive
- This racist tweet
- Her appropriative Dia De Los Muertos sugar skull costume, which she randomly mixed with a bunch of other unrelated symbolism
- Her pretty much constant appropriation of twerking (before you make some ignorant comment, yes twerking is an actual art form/form of dance, and it has deep historical and cultural roots an white people doing it is absolutely cultural appropriation (more info on twerking’s roots in African dance here)
- Tons of racist imagery, appropriation of AAVE, and appropriation of twerking in her video for “Can’t Stop”
- While in Germany, asked to be shown "t****y bars, like guys as girls"
- Repeatedly using (and again) (Those are 3 different links, folks) little people as props. One of her former backup dancers said of the experience, “Standing on that stage, in that costume was one of the most degrading things I felt like I could ever do” and “I was being stared and laughed at for all of the wrong reasons. I was being looked at as a prop…as something less than human.” and “For the first time I felt truly ashamed of being a little person. We were being used simply because we were little. It felt like society still saw us as a joke, despite the fact there is literally nothing different about me other than the fact I am small”. You can read her full essay here.
- On the sound of one of her songs: “I want urban, I just want something that just feels Black”
I’m less mad at her… less concerned with her…. more concerned that the audience is falling for this bullshit. Since when did white artists’ “Black phase” represent becoming an adult?!??!?!????????????????
seriously? if she is really considered one of the biggest feminist in the world I think its time to hit the reset button on feminism. -Mod A
Add to that rape simulation on black women, using black women as props, being a fucking monster to Sinead O’Connor… I could go on and on.
Dear White Feminists: please STOP defending her.
Miley’s also not doing any of this for any ‘deep’ reason. She’s doing it to lash out at the people that said she couldn’t get ‘her way’. She’s been doing it since we were 10. It hasn’t changed since, she just has been putting prettier words to her rationalization for it instead of ‘because my dad is famous’ it’s ‘fuck off I’m my own woman’.